Press Conference by Taro Aso, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Finance, and Minister of State for Financial Services
(Friday, April 7, 2017, 9:02 am to 9:14 am)
[Questions and answers:]
I would like to ask about Toshiba. There have been some questions raised about the possibility that next week’s financial statement release will again be postponed, and I would like to hear your views on a listed company having to further delay information disclosure.
We can only speculate about the circumstances at the moment and, since I am not sure of these, I must refrain from commenting. In any case, April 11 has been set as a deadline, so I certainly hope to see the company deal with the situation properly.
Do you believe that topics involving Toshiba such as the sale of Toshiba’s semiconductor business or Westinghouse filing for Chapter 11 protection will be brought up in Japan-US economic dialogue?
The details of these talks are still being coordinated, so nothing has yet been decided. In addition, although this matter is outside my jurisdiction, those topics concern the operations of a particular company, and I would hardly expect issues regarding a particular company to be taken up for discussion in an economic dialogue.
- About FSAPage list
- Ministerial Team
- Annual Reports
- Financial Policies Monitor
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.