Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
A person who intends to receive a Designation of a Foreign Account Management Institution pursuant to the provision of Article 44, paragraph 1, item 13 of the Act on Book-Entry Transfer of Corporate Bonds and Shares (Act No. 75 of 2001) needs to apply for Designation to the Commissioner of the Financial Services Agency, the Minister of Justice, and the Minister of Finance pursuant to the provisions of the Order Regarding Account Management Institutions (Cabinet Office Order, Ministry of Justice Order, and Ministry of Finance Order No. 2 of 2002).
In addition, if there is a change in the trade name, the location of the head office, etc., the Foreign Account Management Institution designated must notify the Commissioner of the Financial Services Agency, the Minister of Justice, and the Minister of Finance pursuant to the provisions of the Order Regarding Account Management Institutions without delay.
In addition, if the Foreign Account Management Institution intends to seek rescission of its Designation, it is necessary to apply for rescission of its Designation to the Commissioner of the Financial Services Agency, the Minister of Justice, and the Minister of Finance pursuant to the provisions of the Order Regarding Account Management Institutions.
Please refer to the attached sheets for details.
Application / Notification method（PDF:31KB）
Sample application form for Designation
Sample notification form of change
Sample application form for rescission of Designation
Q & A on Application / Notification（PDF:21KB）
Related laws and regulations（PDF:22KB）
Foreign Account Management Institutions list（Available in Japanese）
- About FSAPage list
- Ministerial Team
- Annual Reports
- Financial Policies Monitor
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.