Sep 8, 2017
Financial Services Agency
Publication of an outline of key comments received at the “Contact for Financial Policies Monitor,” a neutral third-party comprised of external experts
1. About the Contact for Financial Policies Monitor
The FSA has used various measures to seek opinions from financial institutions and the general public regarding financial policies in the past, but financial institutions have pointed out that it is not always easy to express candid opinions when the contact person is a FSA official. In light of such comments, the FSA has established the “Contact for Financial Policies Monitor” through which external experts receive opinions and suggestions as neutral third parties and convey such opinions and suggestions to the FSA for reflection in its financial policies. The Contact has been operational since January 29, 2016.
From the perspective of ensuring effectiveness and transparency of the Financial Policies Monitor System, the FSA published an outline of key comments newly received at the “Contact for Financial Policies Monitor,” over the three-month period from January to March 2017. The outline also includes corresponding actions taken (or to be taken) by the FSA. The FSA publishes the outline on a regular basis.
(Note) In an attempt to continue efforts to seek opinions and suggestions on financial policies, the FSA has also opened a Contact for the FSA in order to continue to receive comments directly at the FSA. The Contact received 130 comments (including suggestions) between January 1 and March 31, 2017.
2. Comments received at the Contact for Financial Policies Monitor
- Comments received between January 1 and March 31, 2017
【Number of comments received : 7】
【Outline of key comments】
Please refer to (the appendix).
*: Among the comments which were submitted to responsible Financial Policies Monitors respectively and shared with the FSA executives and officials in charge, only the comments with the submitters’ consent to disclosure of the outline of their comments on the FSA’s webpage are herein disclosed. The personal information of the persons submitting the comments and the names of the organizations to which they belong are not disclosed.
Policy Evaluations, Policy & Legal Division, Planning and Coordination Bureau
+81(3)3506-6000 (ext. 2770,3515)
- About FSAPage list
- Ministerial Team
- Annual Reports
- Financial Policies Monitor
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.