Stewardship Code : 214 institutional investors have signed up to the Principles for Responsible Institutional Investors as of December 27, 2016
The Council of Experts Concerning the Japanese Version of the Stewardship Code (Chairman: Professor Hiroyuki Kansaku, The University of Tokyo) published the Principles for Institutional Investors (Japan’s Stewardship Code) in February 27, 2014. The Council requested the FSA to publish and periodically update the list of institutional investors who announced their acceptance of the Code.
(Principles for Responsible Institutional Investors «Japan’s Stewardship Code»- To promote sustainable growth of companies through investment and dialogue - Publication of the final version and invitation to institutional investors to sign up for the Code)
Based on this request, the FSA publishes the list of institutional investors who have notified the FSA of their intention to accept the Code. The FSA will update the list any time when it receives the notification of acceptance of the Code from institutional investors.
As of December 27, 2016, there are 214 institutional investors in the list, classified as follows;
- Trust banks (Shintaku Ginko) : 7
- Investment managers (Toshishintaku/Toshikomon Gaisha) : 152
- Pension funds : 26
- Insurance companies : 22
- Others (service providers, etc.) : 7
(Total) : 214
Please also refer to “Stewardship Code: Message from the FSA”, which was published on September, 2, 2014.
(Appendix)List of institutional investors who have signed to the “Principles for Responsible Institutional Investors” «Japan’s Stewardship Code» - To promote sustainable growth of companies through investment and dialogue - (PDF:432KB) (As of December 27, 2016)
(Reference)The list highlighted the institutional investors who newly announced their acceptance of the Code and other updates (PDF:432KB) (As of December 27, 2016)
Those who newly intend to accept the Code are invited to notify the FSA (firstname.lastname@example.org) of their intention as well as the institution’s name, name of the person in charge, contact information (email address) and the URL where the announcement of the acceptance of the Code and the disclosure items described in the Code have been released.
Corporate Accounting and Disclosure Division, Planning and Coordination Bureau, Financial Services Agency
- About FSAPage list
- Ministerial Team
- Annual Reports
- Financial Policies Monitor
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.