Financial Services Agency
Measures to promote mergers and other forms of consolidation of financial institutions
Objective of measures
In order to further strengthen the Japanese financial system and to enable the full operation of the financial intermediary function and the financial settlement function by financial institutions in the medium-to-long term, it is necessary to enhance the financial and managerial strength of financial institutions. A stronger financial base and management will enable financial institutions to extend financing smoothly.
In particular, mergers and other forms of consolidation of regional financial institutions are important tools to enhance the financial and managerial strength of financial institutions. However, there are several obstacles such as complex procedures which are expensive and time-consuming, and high expenses for mergers and other forms of consolidation.
Therefore, it is necessary to take measures to promote mergers and other forms of consolidation, in order to remove the obstacles faced by financial institutions choosing to reorganize themselves on their own initiatives, thereby facilitating mergers and other forms of consolidation.
The following measures are to be prepared, to revise the necessary legislation immediately, and to request the financial authorities that they make necessary arrangements with regard to the budget and taxation system.
|-||Developing a more simple environment with regard to procedures
|-||Reduce the high costs of investment in computer systems and alleviate the tax burden on registration (revision of the tax system)
|-||Recovery of the capital ratio temporarily reduced by mergers and other forms of consolidation(capital injection financed by government guarantee)
|-||Interim measures to increase the coverage limit of deposit insurance(10 million yen, the coverage limit for each depositor of the merged financial institution is to be raised for a certain period.)|
- About FSAPage list
- Ministerial Team
- Annual Reports
- Financial Policies Monitor
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.