November 18, 2004
Financial Services Agency, Japan
Participation in Open Hearing on How CESR Intends to Measure Equivalence between Third Country GAAP and IAS/IFRS
Financial Services Agency will visit Paris on November 23, 2004 with three Japanese private organizations (Accounting Standards Board of Japan, Japanese Institute of Certified Public Accountants and Nippon Keidanren (Japan Business Federation)) and participate in the open hearing on the draft ''Concept Paper on Equivalence of Certain Third Country GAAP and on Description of Certain Third Countries Mechanisms of Enforcement of Financial Information'', which is held by the Operational Group in the area of endorsement and enforcement of financial reporting standards in Europe (CESR-Fin), chaired by Mr. John Tiner, Chief Executive Officer of the UK Financial Services Authority.
CESR will deliver a technical advice on the matter of equivalence between certain third country GAAP (i.e., Japanese GAAP, US GAAP and Canadian GAAP) and IAS/IFRS to the European Commission (EC) by June 30, 2005. As a step in preparing its advice, CESR published the draft ''Concept Paper on Equivalence of Certain Third Country GAAP and on Description of Certain Third Countries Mechanisms of Enforcement of Financial Information'' on October 21, 2004, which is open for comment from interested parties by December 22, 2004.
Our participation in the open hearing by the CESR-Fin is to express our views on the draft Concept Paper as a part of the process toward recognition of the equivalence of Japanese GAAP with IAS/IFRS.
Financial Services Agency, Japan (Tel:+81-(0)3-3506-6000)
Director for International Financial Markets
Deputy Director, Office of Corporate Accounting and Disclosure
- About FSAPage list
- Ministerial Team
- Annual Reports
- Financial Policies Monitor
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.