- Statements Speeches and Material
November 22, 2001
Statement by the Minister for Financial Services
- Taisei Fire and Marine Insurance Company -
Taisei Fire and Marine Insurance Company (hereinafter referred to as ''Taisei Fire'') filed with the Tokyo District Court for rehabilitation procedures, today.
The FSA understands that due to a large sum of estimated reinsurance claims caused by the event on September 11, 2001 in the United States and for other reasons, Taisei Fire filed the rehabilitation procedures from the viewpoint of protection of the policyholder and the people concerned.
The rehabilitation plan will be drafted under the supervision of the Tokyo District Court.
The handling of Taisei Fire's business will be drawn up based on the rehabilitation plan. The FSA expects that the plan will be established at early date. If necessary, policyholders are protected by the Non-Life Policyholders Protection Corporation by providing financial assistance.
The FSA intends to take part in planning the rehabilitation plan appropriately based on the Insurance Business Law from the standpoint of the protection of the policyholders and the other people concerned. Moreover, the FSA will continue to make efforts to ensure the sound management of insurance companies.
* Concerning to the outline of this company, please refer to the Japanese version.
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- Capital adequacy requirements (Basel framework)
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list Open
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list Open
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Disaster-related Information (Support for Disaster Victims)
InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.