- Statements Speeches and Material
April 4, 2005
Financial Services Agency
''Convergence of Global Capital Markets''
Conference on Global Capital Markets
April 4, 2005
The conference on global capital markets was held in Brussels on April 4 and 5, 2005. This was the 125th anniversary conference held by the Institute of Chartered Accountants in England and Wales (ICAEW) to discuss the future direction of global capital markets.
Mr. Toru Shikibu, Deputy Commissioner for International Affairs of the FSA, was invited to the conference as one of the guest speakers on the theme of ''Regulation of Capital Markets: Cooperation, Overlap or Competition''. Here is the material of his presentation, tilted ''Convergence of Global Capital Markets - To Avoid Paradox of Globalization''.
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- Capital adequacy requirements (Basel framework)
- Economic value-based solvency regulation
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list Open
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list Open
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Disaster-related Information (Support for Disaster Victims)
InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.