Press Conference by Kaoru Yosano, Minister of Finance and Minister for Financial Services and Economic and Fiscal Policy
February 27, 2009
[Opening Remarks by Minister Yosano]
There were no new topics in particular at today’s cabinet meeting. The Minister of Internal Affairs and Communications told us about the unemployment rate, while Minister Masuzoe talked about the effective ratio of job offers to job applicants. I do not have anything further to report.
[Questions and Answers]
Some people are arguing that the quota of loans provided by Development Bank of Japan should be expanded in order to facilitate corporate fund-raising. What measures are you planning to take in order to facilitate fund-raising in the period up to the end of the fiscal year?
That is apparently a good subject matter for news, so it should be pursued further.
I understand that there was a meeting for an exchange of opinions with private financial institutions on Tuesday. On that occasion, you departed from the site after delivering the opening speech, and as you never returned, you apparently had no opportunity to exchange opinions. It seemed that this was very rude behavior on the part of the hosting minister and that it irritated the participants. Was your early departure a consequence of your concurrently serving in three ministerial posts?
As all senior officials of the FSA (Financial Services Agency) and the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry were present, an exchange of opinions was properly conducted. As I have read the full minutes of that meeting, I do not believe that I have done anything rude.
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.