Press Conference by Kaoru Yosano, Minister of Finance and Minister for Financial Services and Economic and Fiscal Policy
April 10, 2009
[Questions and Answers]
Expectations are growing that all major banks will announce losses. What do you think of this prospect and how do you view major banks’ apparent reluctance to increase their capital with public funds, as you yourself suggested?
As for your first question, as the banking industry has been writing off cumulative losses built up after the collapse of the economic bubble and paying little tax, it is not surprising that they slipped into the red. I suppose that they are actively writing off various items.
Even a bank is just an organization made up of ordinary people, not special people.
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.