Press Conference by Kaoru Yosano, Minister of Finance and Minister for Financial Services and Economic and Fiscal Policy
May 12, 2009
[Opening Remarks by Minister Yosano]
The cabinet meeting proceeded based on the predetermined agenda.
[Questions and Answers]
This week, a succession of major banks is scheduled to announce their financial results, with all of them expected to post substantial losses. Business corporations like Toyota and Toshiba also posted losses. Could you tell us about your view on corporate earnings and the prospects of the economy?
It is wise to address all problems in financial accounting when companies are sick so that they can be completely healthy when they have recovered. It is wise to write off losses without hesitation.
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.