Press Conference by SUZUKI Shunichi, Minister of Finance and Minister of State for Financial Services
(Friday, February 25, 2022, 8:42 am to 8:47 am)
[Questions and answers:]
The current situation in Ukraine raises concerns over cyberattacks against financial institutions and companies. I heard that the FSA issued a notice, but how do you recognize the current situation and possible risks, and what measures are you considering as the minister in charge of financial services?
Financial institutions constitute part of critical infrastructures and should always be well-prepared for cyberattacks. The FSA issued a notice to financial institutions nationwide to request them to make efforts to strengthen their countermeasures against cyberattacks. On February 23, the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry issued a notice calling for attention to the strengthening of cybersecurity measures, in light of the current circumstances. Based on this notice, on the same day, jointly with the National Center of Incident Readiness and Strategy for Cybersecurity and the Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry, the FSA also called to financial institutions through their industry organizations for their attention and widely requested immediate reporting to the FSA and Local Finance Bureaus in the event of a cyberattack.
The FSA will continuously endeavor to ensure cybersecurity in the financial sector in close collaboration with relevant ministries and agencies.
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- Capital adequacy requirements (Basel framework)
- Economic value-based solvency regulation
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list Open
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list Open
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Disaster-related Information (Support for Disaster Victims)
InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.