15th September, 2008
Financial Services Agency
Government of Japan
Administrative Actions on Lehman Brothers Japan Inc.
- Based on both i) the current situations of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc. and its affiliated companies and ii) their relationship with Lehman Brothers Japan Inc. [hereinafter referred to as "Lehman"] in terms of capital and transactions, it is necessary to make assurance doubly sure on the finance of Lehman not to damage the benefits of creditors and investors through the outflow of money from Lehman's assets to overseas affiliated companies triggered by the announcement of Lehman Brothers Holdings Inc.
- Therefore, Financial Services Agency today issued administrative orders to Lehman based on Article 56-3 and Article 51 of Financial Instruments and Exchange Act.
(1) Order of retention of assets within Japan
Lehman has to retain certain assets within Japan that equivalent to all liabilities excluding liabilities to overseas (including guarantees).
(2) Business Improvement Order
i) Get hold of investors and assets deposited from investors precisely.
ii) Take necessary measures to assure deposited assets from investors and not to use-up your property unreasonably.
iii) Take full measures for investor protection, with considering fair treatment among investors.
iv) Try to keep every investors informed appropriately about retention of deposited assets, and consider proper correspondence to investors.
Financial Services Agency, Government of Japan
Tel +81-(0)3-3506-6000 (main)
Securities Business Division, Supervisory Bureau (ext. 3370)
- About FSAPage list
- Ministerial Team
- Annual Reports
- Financial Policies Monitor
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.