April 22, 2011
Financial Services Agency
FSA Vice Commissioner for International Affairs appointed Chairman of IOSCO's Technical Committee
International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) held its Annual Conference during April 17-21, 2011, in Cape Town, South Africa, and Masamichi Kono, Vice Commissioner for International Affairs of the Financial Services Agency of Japan (FSA), assumed the role of Chairman of the Technical Committee of IOSCO succeeding Mr. Hans Hoogervorst, Chairman of the Netherlands Authority for the Financial Markets, who stepped down from the Technical Committee chairmanship at the close of the conference. Mr. Kono's term will run until the next Annual Conference planned in May 2012 in Beijing. Mr. Fernando Restoy, Vice-Chairman of Comisión Nacional del Mercado de Valores of Spain, has replaced Mr. Kono as Vice-Chairman of the Technical Committee.
The FSA has been strengthening cooperation with foreign authorities since its establishment. As financial regulatory reform progresses after the global financial crisis, close cooperation between financial and market authorities becomes increasingly important. We will contribute further to enhance the integrity and efficiency of international financial markets through active contribution to the work of international organizations.
IOSCO is recognized as the leading international policy forum for securities regulators. The organization's membership regulates more than 95% of the world's securities markets in around 110 countries/regions and its membership is steadily growing.
The Technical Committee, a specialized working group established by IOSCO's Executive Committee, is made up of 18 agencies that regulate some of the world's larger, more developed and internationalized markets. Its objective is to review major regulatory issues related to international securities and futures transactions and to coordinate practical responses to these concerns. The members of the Technical Committee are the securities regulatory authorities of Australia, Brazil, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, India, Italy, Japan, Mexico, the Netherlands, Ontario, Quebec, Spain, Switzerland, United Kingdom and the United States.
IOSCO Website (http://www.iosco.org/news/pdf/IOSCONEWS206.pdf)
Financial Services Agency
Tel +81-(0)3-3506-6000 (main)
Office of International Affairs, General Coordination Division, Planning and Coordination Bureau (ext. 3156, 3164)
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- Capital adequacy requirements (Basel framework)
- Economic value-based solvency regulation
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list Open
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list Open
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Disaster-related Information (Support for Disaster Victims)
InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.