August 7, 2015
Financial Services Agency
Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc.
Establishment of “Council of Experts Concerning the Follow-up of Japan’s Stewardship Code and Japan’s Corporate Governance Code”
The Japan Revitalization Strategy as revised in 2015 (Cabinet Decision, June 30, 2015) states that “we need to work actively to prevail and to promote the adoption of Japan’s Stewardship Code, established and released in February 2014 (“JSC”), and Japan’s Corporate Governance Code, which entered into force in June 2015 (“JCGC”), as ‘the two wheels of a cart’ such that the sustainable growth of companies will be promoted by both sides of investors and companies.
Further improvements of corporate governance, e.g., making governance function not only formally, but also effectively, continue to be a major agenda, and we need to link such efforts to the establishment of a virtuous economic cycle.
In this respect, for the purpose of following up with the prevalence and adoption of JSC and JCGC as well as further improving corporate governance of all listed companies, we hereby announce the establishment of the “Council of Experts Concerning the Follow-up of Japan’s Stewardship Code and Japan’s Corporate Governance Code” (the “Council”).
(1)The Council will be composed of outside experts; including members from corporate managers, local and foreign investors, and academics (the member list will be released later).
(2)The general affairs of the Council shall be handled jointly by the Corporate Accounting and Disclosure Division of the Planning and Coordination Bureau, Financial Services Agency and the Listing Department, the Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc.
Financial Services Agency
Corporate Accounting and Disclosure Division, Planning and Cordination Bureau
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.