January 25, 2018
Financial Services Agency
Memorandum of Understanding with the Central Bank of Myanmar Concerning the Framework of Financial Cooperation in the Banking Sector
- Today, the Financial Services Agency signed a memorandum of understanding with the Central Bank of Myanmar (CBM) concerning the framework of financial cooperation in the banking sector.
- With the recognition that the development of the financial market and the building of a sound framework of financial regulations will be beneficial to both Japan and Myanmar, this memorandum of understanding is designed to promote the relationship of financial cooperation in the banking sector between the two countries.
- Following the signing of this memorandum of understanding, it will be expected the knowledge and expertise related to the financial supervision and inspections mainly of foreign banks and finance companies will be shared and promoted between the two authorities through personnel exchanges and training programs.
Financial Services Agency Tel +81-3-3506-6000 (main)
Office of International Affairs (ext. 3155, 3696)
General Coordination Division, Planning and Coordination Bureau
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.