May ８, 2018
（This provisional translation was published on May 24, 2018）
Financial Services Agency
Public Consultation on the Exposure Draft of the Revision of the Audit Standards
The Audit Standard Committee of the Business Accounting Council (Chairman: Mr. Takatoshi Iyoda, Professor of the Center for Education in General Studies at Konan University) has published the Exposure Draft of the revision of the Audit Standards.
In recent years, public confidence in audits has been broadly discussed. In order to ensure confidence, it has been noted that additional information on audits should be provided for users of the financial statements.
From the viewpoint of enhancing the transparency of audits, the Audit Standard Committee of the Business Accounting Council has published the Exposure Draft of the revision of the Audit Standards, which requires “Key Audit Matters” in the independent auditor’s reports and invites public comments on the requirements.
We have summarized the Exposure Draft of the revision of the Audit Standards as follows;
（Annex）Summary of the Exposure Draft of the Revision of the Audit Standards (Introduction of KAMs)(PDF：32KB)
Corporate Accounting and Disclosure Division, Planning and Coordination Bureau, Financial Services Agency
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.