October 18, 2018
Financial Services Agency
The FSA appoints Mr. Leo Melamed, Chairman Emeritus of the CME Group, as the FSA advisor
The FSA has appointed Mr. Leo Melamed, Chairman Emeritus of the Cicago Mercantile Exchange (CME Group), as the FSA advisor.
Mr. Melamed became the chairman of the CME in 1969, and has been Chairman Emeritus since 1997. He has contributed to the development of financial futures markets, including the creation of the International Monetary Market (IMM), the world’s first financial futures exchange, as the chairman.
The FSA expects him to provide a wide range of advice relating to advancing Japanese capital markets in accordance with global standards, leveraging his experience and expertise cultivated during his distinguished career.
Financial Markets Division, Policy and Markets Bureau, Financial Services Agency
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.