June 7, 2019
Exchange of Letters for Cooperation in the area of financial institutions supervision with Federal Financial Supervisory Authority of Germany(BaFin)
1. The Financial Services Agency (FSA) exchanged the Letters for Cooperation in the supervision of financial institutions with Federal Financial Supervisory Authority of Germany (BaFin) on June 7, 2019.
2. This exchange of Letters intends to enhance cooperation in the supervision of financial institutions through the sharing of information between FSA and BaFin.
- The Authorities intend to notify each other of any material supervisory concern and supervisory action;
- The Authorities will notify each other of plans to visit the financial institutions in each other's jurisdiction;
- The Authorities may inform their counterparts on request of the arrangements for crisis management;
- The Authorities intend to cooperate closely when suspected activities or financial transactions are identified; and
- The Authorities preserve the confidentiality of information exchanged, etc.
Financial Services Agency Tel：03-3506-6000（main）
International Affairs Office, Strategy Development and Management Bureau（ext.3194）
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- Capital adequacy requirements (Basel framework)
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list Open
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list Open
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Disaster-related Information (Support for Disaster Victims)
InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.