September 30, 2019
Financial Services Agency
Publication of the summary of “JFSA’s Approach to Compliance Risk Management” and “Trends and Issues in Compliance Risk Management”
The Financial Services Agency (JFSA) published the English summary of the discussion paper “JFSA’s Approach to Compliance Risk Management”.
This paper is in line with the basic concepts presented in “JFSA’s supervisory approaches -replacing checklists with engagement-” published on June 29, 2018, and is one of the supervisory approaches that have been issued on specific areas. The primary aim is to facilitate dialogues between financial institutions and JFSA to enhance their compliance risk management.
Following the discussion paper, the JFSA published “Trends and Issues in Compliance Risk Management”, a report that collects findings from dialogues with the management of financial institutions and monitoring activities. The outline is also made available in English.
JFSA’s Approach to Compliance Risk Management
Trends and Issues in Compliance Risk Management
Risk Analysis Division, Strategy Development and Management Bureau, Financial Services Agency
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- Capital adequacy requirements (Basel framework)
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list Open
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list Open
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Disaster-related Information (Support for Disaster Victims)
InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.