April ７, 2021
Financial Services Agency
Call for Public Comments on the
"Guidelines for Investor and Company Engagement" (Revision Draft)
Financial Services Agency has now published the revision draft of the “Guidelines for Investor and Company Engagement” in accordance with the proposal “Revisions of Japan's Corporate Governance Code and Guidelines for Investor and Company Engagement” by the “Council of Experts Concerning the Follow-up of Japan’s Stewardship Code and Japan’s Corporate Governance Code” (Chairperson: Hideki Kanda, Professor of Gakushuin University Law School) and started to call for public comments in English.
1. Subject Document of the Call for Public Comments
Guidelines for Investor and Company Engagement (Revision Draft)
(Note) The Tokyo Stock Exchange has published the Revision Draft of Japan's Corporate Governance Code
and started to call for public comments.
(Note) For more background on the revisions, please refer to this link.
2. How to Submit Comments
Please send your comments by email, being sure to include your name, address, and
We translated the draft provisionally to English. (Japanese version is here.) Therefore, we would also welcome any suggestions for a better translation from those who have good language skills both in English and Japanese.
Please use text format when sending comments via email.
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Send to: Corporate Accounting and Disclosure Division, Financial Services Agency
The draft is open for comment until 17:00 (JST), May 7, 2021.
Destination of opinions
Corporate Accounting and Disclosure Division, Policy and Markets Bureau, Financial Services Agency (Secretariat of the Follow-up Council)
Mail : 3-2-1 Kasumigaseki Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-8967 Japan
The Central Common Goverment Offices No.7
Fax : +81-(0)3－3506－6266
Corporate Accounting and Disclosure Division, Policy and Markets Bureau, Financial Services Agency
Tel: +81-(0)3-3506-6000 (Ext.3659 3849)
- Press Releases & Public RelationsPage list Open
- Press Releases
- Press Conferences
- Official Statements
- FSA Weekly Review & ACCESS FSA
- For Financial Users
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Recent Changes (Legislation, Ordinances, Guidelines)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- Public Comment
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- Regulated InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- Administrative Action
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.
- Asia Region Funds Passport (ARFP)