August 11, 2021
Financial Services Agency
FSA and UK FCA exchanged letters on a cooperation framework in the area of credit rating agencies
The Financial Services Agency of Japan (FSA) and the Financial Conduct Authority of the United Kingdom (FCA) exchanged letters on a cooperation framework in the area of credit rating agencies on August 10, 2021.
The purpose of this exchange of letters (EoL) is to establish a cooperation framework with the FCA which became the UK regulator of credit rating agencies following Brexit. This EoL intends to strengthen and facilitate supervisory and enforcement cooperation through sharing of information between both authorities.
(For Reference) The FSA exchanged letters on a cooperation framework in the area of credit rating agencies with the European Securities and Markets Authority (ESMA) in June 2011.
FSA Letter on cooperation in the area of credit rating agencies
FCA Letter on cooperation in the area of credit rating agencies
International Affairs Office, Strategy Development and Management Bureau
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- Capital adequacy requirements (Basel framework)
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list Open
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list Open
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Disaster-related Information (Support for Disaster Victims)
InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.