January 18, 2022
Financial Services Agency
Public Consultation on Cabinet Office Order to Partially Amend Cabinet Office Order on Financial Instruments Business, etc.
The Financial Services Agency (“FSA”) has now launched a public consultation on Cabinet Office Order to partially amend Cabinet Office Order on Financial Instruments Business, etc.
１．Key Points of the Amendment
On January 12, 2021, FSA has established the ”Financial Market Entry Office” (the ”Office”) in order to expand Japan’s role as an international financial center.
Expanding the functions of the Office, this proposal allows an applicant who meets the following conditions to submit application document for registration and other subsequent documents in English.
(1) Applicant whose clients in Japan will be Professional Investors;
(2) Applicant who will sell only foreign securities, etc in Japan; and
(3) Applicant who is authorized to conduct securities businesses similar to Type I Financial Instruments Business in a foreign jurisdiction or a relevant company of such an entity, and/or Applicant who has worked in the above entity as a senior officer or employee (i.e. where he/she is named as a senior officer or an important employee in the application documents)
Cabinet Office Order to partially amend Cabinet Office Order on Financial Instruments Business, etc - (Draft) (Japanese)
Regulatory Notice specifying necessary documents based on Article 2 (1) of the Cabinet Office Order on Financial Instruments Business, etc. - (Draft) (Japanese)
Regulatory Notice specifying necessary documents based on Article 18 (1) of the Ordinance on Financial Services Providers’ Deposit for Operation – (Draft) (Japanese)
２．How to Submit Comments
Please send your comments by email, making sure to include your name, address, and company/organization name by 17:00 (JST), Thursday, February 17, 2022.
The FSA may disclose your name or company/organization name as well as comments it received if so requested. Please indicate at the beginning of your comment if you wish to be anonymous in the case of such disclosure.
The FSA may respond to similar comments all together.It should be noted that the FSA will not respond to each person submitting comment individually.
Email address: email@example.com
Financial Markets Division, Policy and Markets Bureau
Securities Business Division, Supervision Bureau
Financial Services Agency
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- Capital adequacy requirements (Basel framework)
- Economic value-based solvency regulation
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list Open
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list Open
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Disaster-related Information (Support for Disaster Victims)
InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.