Financial Services Agency
FSA publishes an English translation of the “Comprehensive Guidelines for Supervision of Major Banks”
In recent years, as Japanese financial institutions has been expanding their business overseas, the FSA has been making efforts to accurately communicate the policies and focal points of the supervision of major banks to overseas authorities and foreign financial institutions, and has also been working to strengthen the cooperation with overseas authorities on supervisory measures.
As part of the efforts to promote the use of English in administrative services with regards to the initiatives explained above, the FSA published today an English translation (preliminary version) of the Comprehensive Guidelines for Supervision of Major Banks.
The FSA will continue to publish English translations as necessary.
Financial Services Agency Banks Division I, Supervisory Bureau
Tel +81-(0)3-3506-6000 (main) (ext. 3324)
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- Capital adequacy requirements (Basel framework)
- Economic value-based solvency regulation
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list Open
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list Open
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Disaster-related Information (Support for Disaster Victims)
InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.