October 25, 2022
Updated on November 24, 2022
Financial Services Agency
Establishment of the “Working Group on Impact Investment”
As the world moves toward the establishment of a sustainable society, there is growing interest in finance that aims not only to secure investment returns but also to consider social issues and contribute to the benefit of the entire economy and society. The balance of impact investment that aims to create such environmental and social effects ("impacts") is continuing to increase in Japan. In order to solve wide-ranging social issues, it is important to attract diverse investors to impact investment and further encourage companies to take initiatives and create businesses to improve sustainability by accurately measuring and evaluating the impact of investment.
The Financial Services Agency established the “Working Group on Impact Investment” under the Expert Panel on Sustainable Finance.The Working Group will discuss measures for expanding impact investment that contributes to solving social and environmental issues and creating new businesses, including startups, while referring to trends and examples of impact investment in Japan and overseas, including useful practical points to keep in mind when financial institutions and investors engage in impact investment.
The members of the Working Group will include representatives from industry, financial practitioners and academics with relevant ministries and agencies as observers. The Strategy Development Division of the Strategy Development and Management Bureau of the Financial Services Agency will serve as the secretariat.
Strategy Development Division, Strategy Development and Management Bureau, Financial Services Agency
Tel +81 -(0)3-3506-6000 (Ext. 2918、2770、3515)
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- Capital adequacy requirements (Basel framework)
- Economic value-based solvency regulation
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list Open
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list Open
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Disaster-related Information (Support for Disaster Victims)
InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.