April 7, 2017
The Council of Experts on the Stewardship Code
Publication of the draft of the “Principles for Responsible Institutional Investors”
«Japan’s Stewardship Code»
- To promote sustainable growth of companies through investment and dialogue -
The Council of Experts on the Stewardship Code(Chairman: Hiroyuki Kansaku, Professor, University of Tokyo Graduate Schools for Law and Politics) has now published the draft of “Japan’s Stewardship Code” and started to call for public comments in English.
1. Subject Document of the Call for Public Comments
The draft of the “Principles for Responsible Institutional Investors” «Japan’s Stewardship Code»
(Note 1) The draft is the revised version of Japan’s Stewardship Code (originally formulated on February 26, 2014). The changes from the current Code are marked in red, except for newly added “Revision of the Stewardship Code” (from page 1 to page 2) which is written in black for ease of vision.
(Note 2) Some parts of “Revision of the Stewardship Code” have not been finalized yet, and they are displayed as brackets.
2. How to Submit Comments
Please send your comments by email, being sure to include your name, address, and company/organization name.
We translated the draft revised Code tentatively to English. (Japanese version is here.) Therefore, we would also welcome any suggestions for a better translation from those who have good language skills both in English and Japanese.
Please use text format when sending comments via email.
Email address: email@example.com
Send to: Corporate Accounting and Disclosure Division, Financial Services Agency
The draft is open for comment until 12:00 (JST), May 8, 2017.
Corporate Accounting and Disclosure Division, Planning and Coordination Bureau, Financial Services Agency
- Press Releases & Public RelationsPage list Open
- Press Releases
- Press Conferences
- Official Statements
- FSA Weekly Review & ACCESS FSA
- For Financial Users
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Recent Changes (Legislation, Ordinances, Guidelines)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- Public Comment
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- Regulated InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- Administrative Action
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.
- Asia Region Funds Passport (ARFP)