Financial Services Agency
New Deposit Insurance System
On December 11, 2002, the Bill to amend the Deposit Insurance Law and other related laws was passed at the 155th session of the Diet, resulting in the revision of the deposit insurance system. The following is a brief description of the revision.
Current deposits, ordinary deposits and specified deposits will remain protected in full until March 31, 2005.
- In the case of time deposits, etc., the principal in the amount of no more than 10 million yen and the interest, etc. will still be protected per person at each financial institution.
- From April 2005 onwards, non-interest-bearing deposits such as current deposits will be protected in full.
- About FSAPage list
- Ministerial Team
- Annual Reports
- Financial Policies Monitor
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.