December 13, 2013
Financial Services Agency
Ministry of Finance
The Panel for Vitalizing Financial and Capital Markets Releases its Recommendations
The Panel for Vitalizing Financial and Capital Markets, which was set up on November 11th by the Financial Services Agency and the Ministry of Finance in accordance with the Action Plan to Implement the Growth Strategy (decision of the Headquarters for Japan’s Economic Revitalization on October 1, 2013), which states “the government will compile, by the end of this year, measures to make Japanese financial and capital markets more attractive, such as measures to divert individuals’ financial assets as financing for growth, and measures to realize and utilize the potential of Asian economies,” has held rounds of discussions since its launch.
On December 13, on the basis of the discussions, the Panel released Recommendations for Vitalizing Financial and Capital Markets.
The Panel will continue to be held in order to discuss and embody necessary measures.
Policy and Legal Division, Planning and Coordination Bureau, Financial Services Agency
Development Policy Division, International Bureau, Ministry of Finance
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- Capital adequacy requirements (Basel framework)
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list Open
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list Open
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Disaster-related Information (Support for Disaster Victims)
InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.