22 December 2005
Financial Services Agency
Summary of Hedge Fund Survey Results and the Discussion Points
- The hedge fund industry has rapidly developed and regulators have been paying more attention to them and their possible impact on the market. The cross-border activities of hedge funds have become more active and further cooperation among securities regulators is considered necessary. Measures and proposals to regulate hedge fund activities and their possible impacts on international financial markets have been discussed among regulators, multinational organisations and the industry.
- In December 2004, the Financial Services Agency (''FSA'') announced the ''Program for Further Financial Reform'' with a concrete measure to study issues on hedge funds.
- Based on the recent development of hedge funds in the international financial markets, the FSA conducted its first fact finding survey of hedge fund activities in Japan. This report summarises the survey results and the discussion points.
For further information, please contact:
Financial Services Agency (Tel: +81-3-3506-6000)
Office of International Affairs
Director for International Financial Markets (ext. 3189)
Senior Deputy Director for International Financial
Markets (ext. 3157)
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.