Press Conference by Taro Aso, Deputy Prime Minister, Minister of Finance, and Minister of State for Financial Services
(Tuesday, August 15, 2017, 10:16 am to 10:19 am)
[Questions and answers:]
VALU now allows individuals to share and trade their own value…
Are you talking about Bitcoin?
Yes. It’s becoming increasingly popular to buy and sell using Bitcoin, and some of these transactions are not governed by the Financial Instruments and Exchange Act. How do you think this should be addressed in future?
There are a variety of matters that need to be pondered: should this service be regarded and fostered as a new financial technology, will it be properly nurtured, might it be alternative currency, will it become an object of speculation, and so on. Consideration should be given both to consumer protection and to the cultivation of this new technology, so careful thought will need to be given to a range of issues.
- About FSAPage list
- Ministerial Team
- Annual Reports
- Financial Policies Monitor
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.