August 30, 2018
Financial Services Agency
FSA will hold the Opening Ceremony of World Investor Week 2018
The importance of investor education and protection has been increasing all over the world as globalization is expanding in the capital market.
The International Organization of Securities Commissions (IOSCO) is preparing to launch its second annual World Investor Week (WIW) from 1 through 7 October 2018. The 2018 WIW involves a week of activities which focus on investor education and protection all over the world.
The FSA endorses the purpose of WIW and will hold the Opening Ceremony on October 1 which is the opening day of the 2018 WIW, ahead of other events around the world. In the Ceremony, speeches will be given by IOSCO C8 (Committee 8 Retail Investors) Chair and the people concerned. Moreover, we are planning to have a special lecture by Kazuhisa Okamoto who is the President of the I-O Wealth Advisors.
As the Opening Ceremony is open to the public, anyone can participate in it. We are accepting pre-signups on a first come, first served basis due to the venue capacity. To make an application, please see below.
1. Time, Date, and Place
(Doors open 15 minutes prior.)
Place : Financial Services Agency, Government of Japan
(15F, Conference Room #1501)
2. Timetable (To be determined)
10:15 IOSCO C8 Chairman video message
10:20 Welcome speech (FSA)
10:25 VIP speech (JSDA etc.)
10:45 Special lecture (Mr. Kazuhisa Okamoto)
11:30 Closing remarks
*These are held in English with Japanese subtitles.
We will stop accepting applications as soon as the number of applicants reaches the capacity. We ask that you please take this into your consideration.
5. Related links
・Press release: IOSCO to launch 2018 World Investor Week to promote investor education
Office of International Affairs, Financial Services Agency
＋81(3)3506-6000 (ext. 3274)
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.