Press Conference by SUZUKI Shunichi, Minister of Finance and Minister of State for Financial Services
(Tuesday, February 8, 2022, 8:44 am to 8:50 am)
[Questions and answers:]
At today's shareholders meeting, Shinsei Bank will appoint seven new directors, including Mr. GOMI Hirofumi, former Commissioner of the Financial Services Agency. I would like to ask you about the stance of the FSA towards the bank, including the relationship with Mr. GOMI.
As you said, an extraordinary general shareholders meeting is scheduled today. The national government is also a shareholder via the Deposit Insurance Corporation of Japan and the Resolution and Collection Corporation, and these two corporations, which are direct shareholders, should appropriately deal with this issue.
In any case, in order for Shinsei Bank to pay back public funds, it is important for the bank to endeavor to increase earnings and enhance its corporate value through fulfilling its financial intermediary functions.
From such perspective, the FSA will follow up on the efforts of Shinsei Bank and its parent company, SBI Holdings, and make appropriate responses.
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- Capital adequacy requirements (Basel framework)
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list Open
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list Open
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Disaster-related Information (Support for Disaster Victims)
InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.