Press Conference by SUZUKI Shunichi, Minister of Finance and Minister of State for Financial Services
(Friday, August 26, 2022, 10:47 am to 10:55 am)
[Questions and answers:]
The Financial Services Agency released a video on the 24th of a dialogue between FSA official and Mr. Hiroyuki Nishimura, the founder of “2channel”, and there have been questions raised on Twitter and elsewhere online about appointing him in such video despite his refusal to pay court-assessed penalties regarding “2channel” in the past. What is your take on this?
Unfortunately, I have not received any report on this matter so I do not think I can give a precise answer at this point.
Do you know, for example, if any appearance fees were paid?
I am not aware of any.
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- Capital adequacy requirements (Basel framework)
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list Open
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list Open
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Disaster-related Information (Support for Disaster Victims)
InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.