March 30, 2018
The Council of Experts Concerning the Follow-up of Japan's Stewardship Code
and Japan's Corporate Governance Code
Publication of the "Revision of the Corporate Governance Code and Establishment of Guidelines for Investor and Company Engagement"
The Council of Experts Concerning the Follow-up of Japan’s Stewardship Code and Japan’s Corporate Governance Code (Chairman: Kazuhito Ikeo, Professor of Economics and Finance, Keio University) has now published the proposal “Revision of the Corporate Governance Code and Establishment of Guidelines for Investor and Company Engagement”.
The Council expects that in accordance with this proposal the Tokyo Stock Exchange will promptly revise the Corporate Governance Code and the Financial Services Agency will promptly issue the Engagement Guidelines.
Revision of the Coporate Governance Code and Establishment of Guidelines for Investor and Company Engagement（including Appendix1 and Appendix2）
（Appendix1）Japan's Corporate Governance Code (Draft Revision)
（Appendix2）Guidelines for Investor and Company Engagement (Draft)
Corporate Accounting and Disclosure Division, Planning and Coordination Bureau, Financial Services Agency
Tel +81 -(0)3-3506-6000(Ext.2892 3836)
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.