March 30, 2018
The Council of Experts Concerning the Follow-up of Japan's Stewardship Code
and Japan's Corporate Governance Code
Publication of the "Revision of the Corporate Governance Code and Establishment of Guidelines for Investor and Company Engagement"
The Council of Experts Concerning the Follow-up of Japan’s Stewardship Code and Japan’s Corporate Governance Code (Chairman: Kazuhito Ikeo, Professor of Economics and Finance, Keio University) has now published the proposal “Revision of the Corporate Governance Code and Establishment of Guidelines for Investor and Company Engagement”.
The Council expects that in accordance with this proposal the Tokyo Stock Exchange will promptly revise the Corporate Governance Code and the Financial Services Agency will promptly issue the Engagement Guidelines.
Revision of the Coporate Governance Code and Establishment of Guidelines for Investor and Company Engagement（including Appendix1 and Appendix2）
（Appendix1）Japan's Corporate Governance Code (Draft Revision)
（Appendix2）Guidelines for Investor and Company Engagement (Draft)
Corporate Accounting and Disclosure Division, Planning and Coordination Bureau, Financial Services Agency
Tel +81 -(0)3-3506-6000(Ext.2892 3836)
- Press Releases & Public RelationsPage list Open
- Press Releases
- Press Conferences
- Official Statements
- FSA Weekly Review & ACCESS FSA
- For Financial Users
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Recent Changes (Legislation, Ordinances, Guidelines)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- Public Comment
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- Regulated InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- Administrative Action
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.
- Asia Region Funds Passport (ARFP)