March 30, 2018
Financial Services Agency
Call for Public Comments on the
"Guidelines for Investor and Company Engagement" (Draft)
Financial Services Agency has now published the draft of the “Guidelines for Investor and Company Engagement” in accordance with the proposal “Revision of the Corporate Governance Code and Establishment of Guidelines for Investor and Company Engagement” by the “Council of Experts Concerning the Follow-up of Japan’s Stewardship Code and Japan’s Corporate Governance Code” (Chairman: Kazuhito Ikeo, Professor of Economics and Finance, Keio University) and started to call for public comments in English.
1. Subject Document of the Call for Public Comments
Guidelines for Investor and Company Engagement (Draft)
(Note) The Tokyo Stock Exchange has published the Revision Draft of the Corporate Governance Code
and started to call for public comments.
2. How to Submit Comments
Please send your comments by email, being sure to include your name, address, and
We translated the draft provisionally to English. (Japanese version is here.) Therefore, we would also
welcome any suggestions for a better translation from those who have good language skills both in
English and Japanese.
Please use text format when sending comments via email.
Email address: email@example.com
Send to: Corporate Accounting and Disclosure Division, Financial Services Agency
The draft is open for comment until 17:00 (JST), April 29, 2018.
Destination of opinions
Corporate Accounting and Disclosure Division, Planning and Coordination Bureau, Financial Services Agency (Secretariat of the Follow-up Council)
Mail : 3-2-1 Kasumigaseki Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-8967 Japan
The Central Common Goverment Offices No.7
Fax : +81-(0)3－3506－6266
Corporate Accounting and Disclosure Division, Planning and Coordination Bureau, Financial Services Agency
Tel: +81-(0)3-3506-6000 (Ext.2892 3836)
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.