March 10, 2020
Financial Services Agency
Launch of a new global network for blockchain
"Blockchain Governance Initiative Network" [BGIN]
On March 10, 2020, The Financial Services Agency Japan (JFSA) and Nikkei Inc. held “BG2C - Special Online Broadcasting Panel Discussion.”
The session is released on BG2C [Blockchain Global Governance Conference] Official Website.
In the session, Dr. Shin’ichiro Matsuo (Research Professor, Georgetown University) made public the launch of a new global network named “Blockchain Governance Initiative Network” (BGIN – pronounced ‘BEGIN’).
BGIN aims at providing an open and neutral sphere for all blockchain stakeholders to deepen common understanding, address issues they face in order to attain sustainable development of the blockchain community. Their aims are tentatively set out as noted below.
1. Creating an open, global and neutral platform for multi-stakeholder dialogue
2. Developing a common language and understandings among stakeholders with diverse perspectives
3. Building academic anchors through continuous provision of trustable documents and codes based on an open source-style approach
The BGIN is in line with the contents of G20 Osaka declaration last year under Japan’s presidency. JFSA has conducted the initiatives on “Multilateral Joint Research Projects” of Blockchain and “Blockchain Roundtable [BCRT]” and undergone dialogues and collaborations through these initiatives with various blockchain stakeholders. Given this, JFSA will contribute to the activities of BGIN as one of the stakeholders.
For further information, please see the press release of BGIN.
Announcement: A New Beginning... Establishment of a global network for blockchain stakeholders
Fintech and Innovation Office, Financial Services Agency
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.