December 25, 2020
Financial Services Agency
the “Expert Panel on Sustainable Finance”
In order to achieve carbon neutrality by 2050, creating a virtuous cycle between the economy and the environment is an agenda which should be worked on with a whole of government approach. Japanese companies have advanced technologies and potential contributing to decarbonisation. To ensure more foreign and domestic investments addressed to the related efforts by Japanese companies, it is important that financial institutions as well as financial and capital markets fulfill their functions appropriately. In this context, the FSA will establish the “Expert Panel on Sustainable Finance” to discuss possible issues and policy approach.
The FSA is to establish another meeting body under this Expert Panel, which will discuss the formulation of practical guidelines to which companies can refer in issuing social bonds.
The Expert Panel will be composed of business, financial, and academic experts with observers of officials from pertinent ministries and agencies. The FSA (Strategy Development Division, Strategy Development and Management Bureau) will serves as the secretariat.
Strategy Development Division, Strategy Development and Management Bureau, Financial Services Agency
Tel +81 -(0)3-3506-6000 (Ext. 3515、2770、2893)
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- Capital adequacy requirements (Basel framework)
- Economic value-based solvency regulation
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list Open
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list Open
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Disaster-related Information (Support for Disaster Victims)
InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.