September ６, 2021
Financial Services Agency
Letter to the Chair of the Board of Trustees of the IFRS Foundation regarding financial contribution to the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB)
The IFRS Council of Japan(*), in which Financial Services Agency and Financial Accounting Standards Foundation (FASF) serve as the secretariat, announces that it has sent a letter to the Chair of the Board of Trustees of the IFRS Foundation on 31 August 2021 related to the International Sustainability Standards Board (ISSB), which the IFRS Foundation is considering establishing.
For our letter, please find below.
Letter from the IFRS Council of Japan to the Chair of the Board of Trustees of the IFRS Foundation
(*)The IFRS Council of Japan is a conference body established for the purpose of gathering and exchanging the opinions of Japanese market participants related to International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS) and comprises 9 organisations (Keidanren (Japan Business Federation (JBF)), the Japanese Institute of Certified Public Accountants (JICPA), Japan Exchange Group/ Tokyo Stock Exchange, Inc. (JPX/TSE), the Securities Analysts Association of Japan (SAAJ), Accounting Standards Board of Japan (ASBJ), Financial Accounting Standards Foundation (FASF), Financial Services Agency (FSA), Ministry of Economy, Trade and Industry (METI), and Ministry of Justice (MOJ)). In addition to the organisations mentioned above, 7 organisations (Government Pension Investment Fund (GPIF), Japanese Bankers Association (JBA), Japan Securities Dealers Association (JSDA), the Life Insurance Association of Japan (LIAJ), the General Insurance Association of Japan (GIAJ), Japan Investment Advisers Association (JIAA), and Ministry of the Environment (MOE)) also support the objectives of this letter.
Financial Services Agency
Corporate Accounting and Disclosure division, Policy and Markets Bureau
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.