June 20, 2022
Financial Services Agency
Assistant Commissioner of International Affairs Office Elected New Co-Chair of the FATF Policy Development Group
At the FATF (Financial Action Task Force) Plenary from 14th to 17th June 2022, the FATF appointed HABUCHI Takahide, Assistant Commissioner of International Affairs Office of Japan FSA, as new Co-Chair of the FATF PDG (Policy Development Group), one of the five standing committees at the FATF. PDG conducts policy developments, including revision of the FATF Standards. His term is the two years from June 2022 to June 2024. This is the first time that Japan FSA serves as Co-Chair of a FATF standing committee.
(*1) FATF (Financial Action Task Force) is an intergovernmental body that promotes international coordination against money laundering, terrorist financing and proliferation financing. For details, please see the FATF’s website.
(*2) Since 2019, HABUCHI Takahide has also served as Co-Chair of the FATF Virtual Asset Contact Group under the PDG, which was established in response to the revisions of the FATF Standards on virtual assets and virtual asset service providers.
International Affairs Office, Financial Services Agency
Tel +81-3-3506-6000 (main) (ext.3184)
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- Capital adequacy requirements (Basel framework)
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list Open
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list Open
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Disaster-related Information (Support for Disaster Victims)
InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.