August 31, 2022
Financial Services Agency
Public Consultation on Partial Amendment for Regulatory Notice Specifying the Documents Based on Article 2 (1) of the Cabinet Office Order on Financial Instruments Business, etc.
The Financial Services Agency (“FSA”) has now launched a public consultation on Partial Amendment for Regulatory Notice Specifying the Documents Based on Article 2 (1) of the Cabinet Office Order on Financial Instruments Business, etc.
１．Key Points of the Amendment
On January 12, 2021, FSA has established the “Financial Market Entry Office” (the “Office”) in order to expand Japan’s role as an international financial center.
Further expanding the functions of the Office, this proposal allows an applicant who meets the following conditions to submit written application for registration and other subsequent documents in English.
(1) Applicant who will sell only interests in collective investment schemes managed by group companies of the applicant;
(2) Applicant whose clients in Japan will be Professional Investors; and
(3) Applicant who is authorized to conduct businesses similar to Investment Advisory and Agency Business or Investment Management Business in a foreign jurisdiction or a relevant company of such an entity, and/or applicant who has worked in the above entity as a senior officer or employee (i.e. where he/she is named as a senior officer or an important employee in the application documents)
２．How to Submit Comments
Please send your comments by email, making sure to include your name, address, and company/organization name by 5:00 p.m. (JST), Friday, September 30, 2022.
The FSA may disclose your name or company/organization name as well as comments it received if so requested. Please indicate at the beginning of your comment if you wish to be anonymous in the case of such disclosure.
The FSA may respond to similar comments all together. It should be noted that the FSA will not respond to each person submitting comments individually.
Email address: registration_english[at sign]fsa.go.jp※
* Please change [at sign] to @
The public comment period is now closed.
Phone: +81-3-6667-0551 (Direct)
- Press Releases & Public RelationsPage list Open
- Press Releases
- Press Conferences
- Official Statements
- FSA Weekly Review & ACCESS FSA
- For Financial Users
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Recent Changes (Legislation, Ordinances, Guidelines)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- Public Comment
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- Regulated InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- Administrative Action
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.
- Asia Region Funds Passport (ARFP)