October 31, 2022
Financial Services Agency
Finalization of Partial Amendment for Regulatory Notice Specifying the Documents Based on Article 2 (1) of the Cabinet Office Order on Financial Instruments Business, etc.
The Financial Services Agency (“FSA”) published a public consultation on Partial Amendment for Regulatory Notice Specifying the Documents Based on Article 2 (1) of the Cabinet Office Order on Financial Instruments Business, etc. from August 31 to September 30, 2022.
As a result, the FSA received comment that is not directly related to the amendment. The comment will be used as reference for future financial administration.
The FSA greatly appreciates the cooperation of those who participated in this matter.
１．Key Points of the Amendment
On January 12, 2021, FSA has established the “Financial Market Entry Office” (the “Office”) in order to expand Japan’s role as an international financial center.
Further expanding the functions of the Office, this amendment allows an applicant who meets the following conditions to submit written application for registration and other subsequent documents in English.
(1) Applicant who will sell only interests in collective investment schemes managed by group companies of the applicant;
(2) Applicant whose clients in Japan will be Professional Investors; and
(3) Applicant who is authorized to conduct businesses similar to Investment Advisory and Agency
Business or Investment Management Business in a foreign jurisdiction or a relevant company of such an entity, and/or applicant who has worked in the above entity as a senior officer or employee (i.e. where he/she is named as a senior officer or an important employee in the application documents)
２．Date of Promulgation and Enforcement
This Regulatory Notice has been promulgated and come into effect as of today, October 31, 2022.
Phone: +81-3-6667-0551 (Direct)
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- Capital adequacy requirements (Basel framework)
- Economic value-based solvency regulation
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list Open
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list Open
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Disaster-related Information (Support for Disaster Victims)
InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.