What’s New on the FSA Website
Week of July 27, 2020 - July 31, 2020
This page contains the latest in events, developments, and updates to the FSA website.
(The following press releases are available in English)
|July 29, 2020||FSA publishes English translation of monthly magazine, Access FSA No.203|
|July 30, 2020||Updated statistics of money lending business Japanese version|
|July 30, 2020||FSA updated Information on COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus) Japanese version|
(The following press releases are available in Japanese)
|July 30, 2020||Publication of the agenda and handouts of the 31st meeting of the "Working Group on Financial Markets" of the Financial System Council
The FSA published the agenda and handouts of the 31st meeting of the "Working Group on Financial Markets" of the Financial System Council, which was held on July 29, 2020.
|July 31, 2020||Overview of modifications to lending conditions by financial institutions
The FSA published an overview of modifications to lending conditions made by financial institutions for the period from March 10 to June 30, 2020.
|July 29, 2020||Requests for financial measures to deal with disasters caused by the heavy rain from July 3, 2020 (The Tohoku Local Finance Bureau)
On July 29, 2020, the Tohoku Local Finance Bureau and the Bank of Japan's Sendai Branch issued a statement titled "Financial Measures to Deal with Disasters Caused by the Heavy Rain from July 3, 2020" to the relevant institutions.
The said statement requests financial institutions in Yamagata prefecture* to appropriately deal with victims of the disaster considering their circumstances, such as by making the repayment of deposits flexible.
* Yamagata Prefecture is currently subject to the "Disaster Relief Act." If more areas in the prefecture become subject to the said Act, financial institutions in the prefecture are requested to take measures in the same manner as above accordingly.
|July 27, 2020||Requests for appropriate handling of relief fund donations to victims of the disaster caused by the heavy rain from July 3, 2020
In view of the fact that disaster relief fund donations are aimed at supporting disaster victims such as for rebuilding their lives, the FSA has requested the relevant associations of financial institutions to take special considerations in handling donations for disaster victims affected by the heavy rain from July 3, 2020, particularly in terms of seizing donations and other matters, so that such donations are properly used without hindrance for disaster victims in rebuilding their lives.
|July 31, 2020||Publication of the level of remuneration paid to the officers of the authorized corporations
The FSA published the level of remuneration paid to the officers of the authorized corporations under its jurisdiction: Deposit Insurance Corporation of Japan, and Banks’ Shareholdings Purchase Corporation. Such information is subject to disclosure on an annual basis by respective competent government agencies and is required to be presented on the format designated by the Ministry of Internal Affairs and Communications.
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.