What’s New on the FSA Website
Week of August 11, 2020 - August 14, 2020
This page contains the latest in events, developments, and updates to the FSA website.
(The following press releases are available in English)
|August 12, 2020||Brochure about the FSA Japanese version|
|August 11, 2020||Preparation for permanent cessation of LIBOR Japanese version|
|August 11, 2020||Updated list of issuers of gift certificates in repayment procedures based on the "Payment Services Act" Japanise version|
(The following press releases are available in Japanese)
|August 14, 2020||The first trial of an administrative penalty case against an individual for market manipulation regarding stocks of Beat Holdings Limited
On August 21, 2020, the first trial of an administrative penalty case against an individual for market manipulation regarding stocks of Beat Holdings Limited will be conducted.
|August 11, 2020||Warnings about entities that are operating money lending businesses without proper registration
The FSA (Local Finance Bureaus) updated warnings about entities that are operating money lending businesses without proper registration. The warnings include the updated list of entities that misrepresent their registration using fictitious or stolen registration numbers.
|August 11, 2020||Publication of a video series of panel sessions recorded during an online symposium held on June 20, 2020, entitled "The Future of Financial and Economic Education and of Personal Asset Building – Taking into Account the Impact of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)" (provisional English title)
The FSA published a video series of panel sessions recorded during an online symposium held on June 20, 2020, entitled "The Future of Financial and Economic Education and of Personal Asset Building –Taking into Account the Impact of Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)" (provisional English title).
The symposium was mainly aimed at:
• sharing and discussing challenges in financial and economic education (toward stable long-term personal asset building);
• sharing different stakeholders' perspectives on investments amid unstable markets; and
• sharing ideas on how retail financial service users (retail investors) should prepare for their asset building.
The symposium brought together various stakeholders, including educators and relevant experts involved in financial and economic education, retail investors, and representatives/officials from the BOJ (Bank of Japan), the FSA and others.
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.