What’s New on the FSA Website
Week of November 16, 2020 - November 20, 2020
This page contains the latest in events, developments, and updates to the FSA website.
(The following press releases are available in Japanese)
|November 18, 2020||Publication of the agenda and handouts of the 21st meeting of the "Council of Experts Concerning the Follow-up of Japan’s Stewardship Code and Japan’s Corporate Governance Code"
The FSA published the agenda and handouts of the 21st meeting of the "Council of Experts Concerning the Follow-up of Japan’s Stewardship Code and Japan’s Corporate Governance Code," which was held on November 18, 2020.
|November 20, 2020||Overview of modifications to lending conditions by financial institutions (cooperative [structured] financial institutions)
The FSA published an overview of modifications to lending conditions made by cooperative (structured) financial institutions for the period from March 10 to September 30, 2020.
|November 20, 2020||"Regional Banking Summit (RE: ing/SUM)" and "Nikkei Regional Revitalization Forum" (in Hiroshima) jointly organized by the FSA and Nikkei Inc.
The FSA and Nikkei Inc. will jointly hold the "Regional Banking Summit (RE: ing/SUM) and "Nikkei Regional Revitalization Forum" in Hiroshima on December 20, 2020, following those held in Tokyo and Nagoya on June 16 and November 23, 2020, respectively. Particularly with regard to regional banking in the new Japanese era, Reiwa, the Summit (Re: ing/SUM) is an event to encourage attendees to think about the sustainable future that regional leaders/players would like to create by leveraging the potential of regional banking in collaboration with a wide range of stakeholders based on the following concepts:
[Release]: Release thoughts/ideas and breakthrough mental barriers to foster mutual and common understanding with stakeholders
[Remarkable]: Offer/share remarkable ideas and practices
[Redesign]: Aim at redesigning/rebuilding sustainable banking business models toward the further enhancement of regional banking resilience
|November 16, 2020||Administrative action against Abitora System Kabushiki Kaisha, a notifier of specially permitted business for qualified institutional investors (SPBQII) (The Kanto Local Finance Bureau)
The Kanto Local Finance Bureau took an administrative action against Abitora System Kabushiki Kaisha,* a notifier of specially permitted business for qualified institutional investors (SPBQII), ordering the improvement of its business operations pursuant to the "Financial Instruments and Exchange Act." This administrative action is based on the findings from the report that the entity filed in response to the FSA's order for the collection of a report pertaining to conduct of its business which was deemed problematic from an investor protection perspective.
*This corporate name is not available in English and is the Romanized version of its Japanese name.
|November 19, 2020||Publication of the draft amendments to the "Comprehensive Guidelines for Supervision of Insurance Companies"
The FSA published the draft amendments to the "Comprehensive Guidelines for Supervision of Insurance Companies." The proposal mainly intends to expressly set out key points to be taken into account by insurance companies in delivering documents by electromagnetic means to their services users (policyholders) as part of the fulfilment of the statutory obligation to provide information to services users (policyholders).
|November 20, 2020||First joint meeting of the "Collaborative Task Force to Further Strengthen the Linkage Between the FSA's Monitoring Function and the BOJ's (Bank of Japan) Examination Function"
The FSA and the Bank of Japan (BOJ) held the first joint meeting of the "Collaborative Task Force to Further Strengthen the Linkage Between the FSA's Monitoring Function and the BOJ's (Bank of Japan) Examination Function." The Task Force intends to hold joint meetings to exchange views mainly on new joint initiatives to alleviate the monitoring/examination-related burden on financial institutions and implement higher quality monitoring by the FSA and the BOJ.
Such joint initiatives are expected to be achieved through:
- data integration for sharing between the FSA and the BOJ;
- bilateral information sharing pertaining to planning and coordination of the FSA's monitoring and of the BOJ's examination, as well as to their respective monitoring and examination results; and
- further strengthening of joint collaboration in terms of examining the eligibility of a corporate applicant intending to obtain a banking license, and/or to open a current account at the BOJ.
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.