What’s New on the FSA Website
Week of January 18, 2021 - January 22, 2021
This page contains the latest in events, developments, and updates to the FSA website.
(The following public comments are available in Japanese)
|January 21, 2021||Publication of the finalized amendments to the "Comprehensive Guidelines for Supervision of Insurance Companies"
The FSA finalized the amendments to the "Comprehensive Guidelines for Supervision of Insurance Companies." The amendments expressly set out key points to be taken into account by insurance companies in delivering documents by electromagnetic means to their services users (policyholders) as part of the fulfilment of the statutory obligation to provide information to services users (policyholders). The amendments were enforced on January 21, 2021.
|January 21, 2021||Publication of the finalized "Cabinet Office Order to Amend the Ordinance for Enforcement of the Insurance Business Act"
The FSA finalized the "Cabinet Office Order to Amend the Ordinance for Enforcement of the Insurance Business Act." The amendments were provided in response to requests for deregulation from the financial sector and relevant industry organizations. In particular, the amendments allow insurance companies to deliver documents related to insurance solicitation (those which are currently required to be delivered by paper-based means) by electromagnetic means and to enhance the scope of electromagnetic means, in terms of providing material information of insurance policies to policyholders. The amendments were enforced on January 21, 2021.
(The following press releases are available in English)
|January 22, 2021||FSA updated Information on COVID-19 (Novel Coronavirus)|
|January 20, 2021||“The Council of Experts Concerning the Follow-up of Japan’s Stewardship Code and Japan’s Corporate Governance Code” the Twenty-Third Council|
(The following press releases are available in Japanese)
|January 18, 2021||Publication of the agenda and handouts of the 143rd meeting of the Compulsory Automobile Liability Insurance Council
The FSA published the agenda and handouts of the 143rd meeting of the Compulsory Automobile Liability Insurance Council, which was held on January 18, 2021.
|January 18, 2021||Publication of the budget for each policy measure
The FSA published the budget for each policy measure for FY2021.
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.