Information on Typhoon No.19 in 2019 (Hagibis)
(*) Iwate, Miyagi, Fukushima, Ibaraki, Tochigi, Gunma, Saitama, Tokyo, Kanagawa, Niigata, Yamanashi, Nagano, Shizuoka
Request for financial measures to deal with disasters caused by Typhoon No.19 in 2019 (Hagibis) (October 15, 2019) (Available in Japanese)
Requested items (ecxerpt)
Financial institutions (banks, credit associations, credit unions, etc.)
- Even in the case of lost deposit certificates or bankbooks, check that it is the depositor based on confirmation methods that take into account the situation of disaster victims, and reimburse. If there is no registered seal, use a thumbprint.
- According to circumstances, accept a request for early withdrawal of time deposits, installment savings etc. Also, deal with loans secured by the said deposit.
- Due to impediments caused by this disaster, promissory notes that have passed the payment date are allowed to be collected upon having discussions with the relevant financial institutions as appropriate.
- Regarding promissory notes and checks that cannot be paid due to the disaster, make arrangements for the release of dishonored check notice as well as procedures for the suspension of banking transactions. Also, make arrangements in the same way for procedures for the suspension of electronically recorded monetary claims or the cancellation of usage contracts.
- Take timely, precise measures that take into consideration the convenience of the customer impacted by the disaster in such matters as changes to loan conditions such as the postponement of repayment involving existing loans.
- Appropriately provide consultation for the use of the Guidelines for Restructuring Debts of Natural Disaster Victims, including providing effective explanations on the procedures and application of said guidelines.
- Deal with exchanging damaged bills and coins
Life insurance companies, non-life insurance companies, and others
- Make arrangement to conduct, as swiftly as possible, the payment of life insurance payout or non-life insurance payout.
- Regarding the payment of life insurance premiums or non-life insurance premiums, take adequate measures to extend the grace period in accordance with the situation of the impacted policyholder.
Note: For further details, please consult with the financial institution.
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.