March 6, 2015
The Council of Experts Concerning the Corporate Governance Code
Japan’s Corporate Governance Code [Final Proposal]
Seeking Sustainable Corporate Growth and Increased Corporate Value over the Mid- to Long-Term
“The Council of Experts Concerning the Corporate Governance Code” (hereafter, the “Council”) (Chairman: Kazuhito Ikeo, Professor of Economics and Finance, Keio University) was established in August, 2014 and had met nine times since then to draft their proposal regarding corporate governance code.
The Council published an exposure draft of their proposal and called for comments from December 26, 2014 through January 31, 2015. The Council received comments in Japanese from 80 individuals/entities and 41 in English. The summary of comments received and the Council’s view on them has been posted in Japanese and will soon be published in English as well. The Council expresses its gratitude for valuable comments.
Based on the received comments, the Council revised and finalized the proposal on March 5, 2015. The final version of the proposal is provided here (PDF:674KB).
The Tokyo Stock Exchange is scheduled to revise its listing rules and related regulations and formulate a corporate governance code, which is expected to have the same content as the final version of the proposal.
Corporate Accounting and Disclosure Division, Planning and Coordination Bureau, Financial Services Agency
- Press Releases & Public RelationsPage list Open
- Press Releases
- Press Conferences
- Official Statements
- FSA Weekly Review & ACCESS FSA
- For Financial Users
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Recent Changes (Legislation, Ordinances, Guidelines)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- Public Comment
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- Regulated InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- Administrative Action
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.
- Asia Region Funds Passport (ARFP)