March 6, 2015
The Council of Experts Concerning the Corporate Governance Code
Japan’s Corporate Governance Code [Final Proposal]
Seeking Sustainable Corporate Growth and Increased Corporate Value over the Mid- to Long-Term
“The Council of Experts Concerning the Corporate Governance Code” (hereafter, the “Council”) (Chairman: Kazuhito Ikeo, Professor of Economics and Finance, Keio University) was established in August, 2014 and had met nine times since then to draft their proposal regarding corporate governance code.
The Council published an exposure draft of their proposal and called for comments from December 26, 2014 through January 31, 2015. The Council received comments in Japanese from 80 individuals/entities and 41 in English. The summary of comments received and the Council’s view on them has been posted in Japanese and will soon be published in English as well. The Council expresses its gratitude for valuable comments.
Based on the received comments, the Council revised and finalized the proposal on March 5, 2015. The final version of the proposal is provided here (PDF:674KB).
The Tokyo Stock Exchange is scheduled to revise its listing rules and related regulations and formulate a corporate governance code, which is expected to have the same content as the final version of the proposal.
Corporate Accounting and Disclosure Division, Planning and Coordination Bureau, Financial Services Agency
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- Capital adequacy requirements (Basel framework)
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list Open
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list Open
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Disaster-related Information (Support for Disaster Victims)
InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.