Financial Services Agency
Office of INVEST JAPAN in FSA
(Information desk for Foreign Direct Investment (FDI) in Japan)
The report of the Japan Investment Council Expert Committee asked JETRO to establish a single contact point for facilitating access to information on procedures concerning foreign direct investment. It also asked each ministry or institution related to investment to set up a single contact point, which can indicate and introduce the division in charge of a particular procedure. Furthermore, Prime Minister Koizumi directed improvement of administrative procedures. Thus, each ministry has established a single contact point for foreign direct investment.
In this context, the Financial Services Agency (FSA) has established the Office of INVEST JAPAN in FSA to supplement JETRO's Business Support Center.
''Office of INVEST JAPAN''
Strategy Development Division,
Strategy Development and Management Bureau,
Financial Services Agency
Address:3-2-1, Kasumigaseki, Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo, 100-8967, Japan
(10:00-12:00, 13:30-17:00, Japan time)
(Monday through Friday, excluding national holidays and year-end and new year holidays.)
１.What we do
The Office of INVEST JAPAN provides the following services for inquirers;
- Information on foreign direct investment
- Information on the divisions in charge of administrative procedures for approvals and licenses concerning foreign direct investment.
- Receiving complaint about the treatment of inquiries, relating to foreign direct investment, made through the Japanese 'no-action letter' system.
２．How to make inquiries
You can inquire in any form; by telephone, facsimile and e-mail. However, you need to mention your name, address of residence (in the case of corporations, the corporate name and location), information on contact points, details of the inquiries, and backgrounds or reasons for the inquiries.
３．Reply to inquiries
The Office will reply to inquiries, in principle, within 10 days (excluding Saturdays, Sundays and national holidays) after receiving the inquiries. However, this rule is not applied where inquiry requires prudent judgment, where the standard processing period is set otherwise, or where there is a rational reason.
The Office may not reply to inquiries where the necessary information is not provided, where issues similar to those in question are in litigation, or where there is a rational reason.
The other ministries in the Japanese Government and JETRO also provide services for foreign investors under the name of ''INVEST JAPAN''. If you need detailed information on ''INVEST JAPAN'', please contact the ''INVEST JAPAN Cabinet Office''.
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.