Contact for Financial Policies Monitor
Based on the Strategic Directions and Priorities 2015–2016, announced in September 2015, the FSA has established a Contact for Financial Policies Monitor in which external experts (Financial Policies Monitors as per below) receive opinions and suggestions as neutral third parties to reflect these opinions/suggestions into its financial policies.
The FSA would like to continue its efforts to pursue better financial policies, and it encourages your active use of these contacts.
The Monitors receive submitted comments directly without any involvements of FSA official. The consent of the person who submitted the comment is required in order for any FSA official to review it.
(The FSA sets rules for the strict and appropriate protection of confidentiality, stipulating that the comments are delivered only to the Financial Policies Monitors and staff members specially appointed as the Monitors’ assistants.)
Persons submitting a comment may designate a particular Monitor to receive it. When no particular Monitor is designated, an available Monitor will take it under his/her proper care.
Profiles of the six Financial Policies Monitors are as follows:
Attorney at law (Partner, Nagashima Ohno & Tsunematsu)
Chairperson of the Institute, The Japan Research Institute, Limited
Professor, Law School, Gakushuin University
Organizer, Foster Forum (forum to foster quality financial products)
Professor, Faculty of Business Administration, Tokyo Keizai University
Attorney at law (Senior Counselor, Morrison & Foerster LLP)
Submitted comments, each accompanied by the opinion of the responsible Financial Policies Monitor, will be shared with the FSA executives and officials in charge for the creation of better financial policies without disclosing submitter’s name or company.
To ensure the effectiveness and transparency of the Financial Policies Monitor system, an outline of key comments will be disclosed on a regular basis, with the consent of the persons who submitted them. The personal information of the persons submitting the comments and the names of the organizations to which they belong to will not be disclosed.
Financial Policies Monitors may contact persons who submit comments for the purpose of verifying the facts contained in their comments or for other purposes.
Submit your comment via email with the following information included in the email message.
Email address: kinyugyoseimonitor★●▲fsa.go.jp
Please change the symbols “★●▲” to "@."
[Information to be provided]
* Bearing in mind the case that Financial Policies Monitors may contact persons who submit comments for the purpose of verifying the facts contained in their comments or for other purposes, we ask you to include (2), (3) and (4). Nevertheless, even if your message does not include this information, you can submit your comments.
Type of Comments
Opinions and suggestions on financial policies
* If you want to provide comments directly to FSA officials, please submit your comment to Contact for the FSA.
Please note that, for information security purposes, the comments contained in the email will not be reviewed, when the safety of a received email is not confirmed.
In addition, we will not accept email with attachments for security reasons. Please write your comment in the body of the email message.
If you have any inquiries regarding the scheme of the Financial Policies Monitor, please send them to the Counseling Office for Financial Services Users.
[Counseling Office for Financial Services Users]
Office hours: 10:00 to 17:00 Tokyo time on weekdays excluding JPN national holidays.
Telephone number: 0570-016811
*03-5251-6811 (for IP Phone)
(Press “5” after the recorded message.)
81-3-5251-6811 (calling from overseas)
- Laws & RegulationsPage list
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Recent Changes
- Public Comment
- No Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- PrinciplesPage list
- Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Progress and Assessment of the Strategic Directions and Priorities
- Policy Approaches to Strengthen Cyber Security in the Financial Sector
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- AnnouncementsPage list
- Press Conferences
- Press Releases
- Official Statements
- Great East Japan Earthquake-Related Information
- The Earthquake Centered in the Kumamoto Region of Kumamoto Prefecture 2016-Related Information
- List of Institutions
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.