October 8, 2010
Minister, Senior Vice Minister &
Parliamentary Secretary of the
Financial Services Agency
Formulation of “Action Plan for Invigoration, etc. of Financial/Capital Markets and Financial Industry”
The Financial Services Agency (FSA) is set to work in earnest to formulate the “Action Plan for the Invigoration, etc. of Financial/Capital Markets and Financial Industry”, which is “one of the matters to be implemented in FY2010” in the timetable of the New Growth Strategy (Cabinet Decision dated June 18, 2010), according to the policy described below.
[Reference] Timetable of New Growth Strategy (Cabinet Decision dated June 18, 2010)
VII. Financial Strategy
2. Financial sector that supports growth and also attains self-growth
(1) Establish Japan's status as a main market in Asia
Formulate an action plan for the invigoration, etc. of financial/capital markets and financial industry.
1. The financial sector is expected to fulfill the following roles in economic growth:
(1) Back up and support real economy and enterprises; and
(2) Lead economy as a growing industry itself.
2. By the end of the year, the FSA will formulate an action plan that summarizes the measures to be taken in the future to develop an environment for Japan's financial sector to properly fulfill the two roles described above.
3. To this end, the FSA will seek the opinions of interested parties in various fields as necessary, in consideration of the approach presented in the New Growth Strategy, focusing on the agendas referred to in the Appendix, while:
- Materializing the measures stated in the work schedule; and
- Examining new measures that will similarly help bring about economic growth.
4. Based on such work, the FSA will publish the examination status of the agendas at some stage, and put together an action plan after further seeking the opinions of interested parties in various fields as necessary.
Financial Services Agency
Policy and Legal Division, Planning and Coordination Bureau (ext. 3515, 3193)
- Press Releases & Public RelationsPage list Open
- Press Releases
- Press Conferences
- Official Statements
- FSA Weekly Review & ACCESS FSA
- For Financial Users
- Laws & RegulationsPage list Open
- Name of Laws and Regulations(PDF)
- Recent Changes (Legislation, Ordinances, Guidelines)
- Financial Instruments and Exchange Act
- Financial Monitoring Policy
- Public Comment
- No-Action Letter System
- Procedures concerning Foreign Account Management Institutions
- Regulated InstitutionsPage list Open
- List of Institutions
- Administrative Action
- For those engaging in High Speed Trading
- To Operators of Specially Permitted Businesses for Qualified Institutional Investors, etc.
- Asia Region Funds Passport (ARFP)